Earlier this year I pressed publish on the first post to appear on Somastruct. From that day forward it’s been an amazing experience developing this site, writing content, and watching it grow by leaps and bounds with each passing month. I cannot express enough how thankful I am to all the readers who have encouraged and supported me in this process. Looking ahead, my goal is to continue expanding Somastruct as a trusted resource for information on health, fitness, and injuries to help people reach their own goals for the new year and beyond. Before taking that next step forward, I’d like to take a look back with this list of some of the most read and shared posts from 2012.
- 5 Reasons To Start Full Squatting
- Is It Ok To Exercise With A Cold?
- How To Make Your Own Flexible Ice Pack
- Which Sleep Position is Best?
- Is It Ok To Exercise When Muscles Are Sore?
- Exercise Ball Versus Office Chair Comparison
- Increasing Thoracic Spine Mobility with a Foam Roller
- 4 Great Exercises for Correcting Anterior Pelvic Tilt
- Forward Head Posture Correction Tips
- Don’t Walk Like a Duck – Why Feet Should Point Straight
- Increasing Ankle Dorsiflexion Mobility
- Neck Extension: Looking Up For Pain Relief
Injury Prevention and Treatment
- Fibula Stress Fractures
- Do Tennis Elbow Bands Work?
- Crossover Strike and Running Injuries
- Eccentric Decline Squats: Better for Patellar Tendinopathy?
- Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction
- Plantar Fasciitis and Hamstring Tightness
- Hip Extension, Running, and Quad Flexibility
- Treadmill vs Running Outside: Which is More Effective?
- Running Cadence and Injuries
- Runner’s High: Something Worth Chasing?
- Keys to Effective Calf Stretching
- Kids Should Play Barefoot to Prevent Flat Feet
- Achilles Tendon Rupture: Who is at risk of this common injury
- Flat Feet Treatment: A Holistic Approach
- Ankle Stiffness and its Relationship to Overpronation
- Plantar Fasciitis And Toe Spring In Shoes
Diet and Nutrition
- Thoughts on Diet, Eating, and Physical Health
- Does Gluten Make Us Fat?
- White Rice vs. Brown Rice: Which is Healthier?
Thank you again for reading. I have a great list of topics that I plan to write articles on for the new year, but I’m always open to reader suggestions so if there is anything you would like to see appear on the site leave a comment or send me an email. If you’ve found any of the articles from this site helpful or informative, help spread the word by sharing them with your family and friends. Happy New Year everyone!